Yesterday was my third week being back in New York and so much has happened already! I’ve paid visits to old haunts, roamed the West Village, trailed through amazing vintage shops, attended press events and shopped in SoHo, but most importantly I’ve discovered my new neighborhood in South Williamsburg. I’ve found my new local, Trophy, that serves the best drinks (and the best guac & chips at 2am), a new brunching spot, Le Barricou on Grand Street, a delicious Sushi joint that does $5 coconut mojitos (!!) to go with your salmon avocado roll, the best little authentic Mexican place (burrito lover right here) and made friends with the bodega owner on my block. Our apartment also has a rooftop with the best Manhattan skyline you’ll see from Brooklyn so I’m working on my tan up there while listening to Elbow and sipping beers.
Instagram is my main source of inspiration whether it be for fashion and style ideas, yummy chocolate desert recipes or the odd inspirational quote to lift me on a bad day. I post daily so come follow me for fashion fun here!
I don’t blog nearly as much as I should. But living in NYC is a fast paced life and I can’t believe I’m here a full year next month. Crazy! In other news, I’m going to be contributing to the New York Daily News and I’ve been made the Irish representative for the Young Global Leadership Foundation. It’s been a busy month! And here’s just a few pics of what I’ve been at.
– Myself & Alice (who works at FENDI swit swoo) at an Irish Networking breakfast in the Irish Consulate last Friday morning.
– Eimear and I at the Lipton Summer Solstice Press Event in the Beekman Beer Garden.
– Brooklyn Bridge wandering
– A picture from July 4th which was spent at a gig out on the waterfront in Brooklyn.
– Fro-Yo eats.
– A picture of the famous DUMBO in Brooklyn
– View of midtown Manhattan from an apartment on 61st and 3rd Av. Beautiful.